If you are working together with a team, it can be useful to get updates of your teammates’ progress. That’s when connecting Todoist to Twist can improve the way you work. Here’s how it works today and how to install the integration.
How it Works
This integration allows you to get updates from a Todoist project in any Twist thread.
- For instance, let’s say your canoe building company, Canoeist, has a Todoist project called Canoeist Blog where you keep track of blog posts.
- Canoeist also has a Twist thread called New Blog Posts, where teammates discuss new blog posts.
- Let’s say there’s a new blog post titled Canoe Blog Post. You add it as a Todoist task to the Canoeist Blog project.
- A new Twist comment is automatically created in the Blog Posts thread as seen below.
- Other task updates like task completions will automatically show up in the thread, too. This makes it easy to keep track of what everyone’s working on, directly from Twist.
How to Connect Todoist to Twist
You can only set up integrations on the web, for now, but other platforms are on the way.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Todoist account and Twist account.
- Visit the Twist Integrations page.
- From the list of integrations, click on Todoist.
- You will have a few options.
- Post to Channel is the Twist channel that has the thread where you want to post your Todoist updates.
- And in the following thread will be the thread where the updates will be posted.
- Who do you want to notify? will set whose Inboxes will be notified when Todoist updates are posted to the channel.
- Click Install Integration.
- The next page will ask you Which project do you want to get updates from? Select a Todoist project from the drop-down menu.
- You can then use the checkboxes to select which notifications you want to receive. You can get notified when tasks are completed or uncompleted and/or when comments are added.
- Click Update installation.
- At the top, you will see a message indicating Your installation was successful.