Welcome to Twist! You've opened the door to collaboration and focus — on your timeline. If you’ve been invited to join a Twist team, here’s how to get up and running in no time!
Once your organization has created a team, you can join it in one of two ways:
- Follow the link in the invitation email you received.
- Follow the unique link shared with you by the team’s creator.
You’ll then go through the welcome process in Twist where you can enter your name and join a few of your team’s channels.
Set up your profile
Help your teammates know more about you and what you do on the team by completing your profile.
Learn the lingo
Twist is filled with features designed to create a focused and organized workflow for you and your teammates. It may take a while to get to know them all, but here are a few of the big ones to get you started:
- Channels organize your threads into common themes. For example, you may want to create a Marketing channel that contains all threads about your company's marketing activities, or a Health channel filled with workouts.
- Threads are conversations about a single topic. Need to get an overview of all projects for the coming month, or maybe you simply want to discuss book recommendations with your teammates? In both cases, you can start a thread.
- Your Inbox is the place where you can keep track of all threads that relate to you and your work. You'll have two views in your Inbox: Active and Done. Threads that have updates relevant to you will be in your Active view. Once you're done processing a thread, we recommend that you mark it as done. This will cause the thread to be moved to the Done view.
- Your Messages is the space where you can contact your teammates directly, whether that's 1-on-1 or in a group message.