If you and your team are working together on GitHub, it can be useful to get updates of your teammates’ progress. That’s where connecting Twist to GitHub can improve the way you work.
By integrating Twist with GitHub, you'll be able to receive GitHub commit, branch and issue updates as comments in any Twist thread.
|An example of how the integration works|
How to Connect GitHub to Twist
- Make sure you’re logged in to your GitHub account and Twist account in a browser.
- Visit the Twist Integrations page.
- From the list of integrations, select GitHub.
- You will have a few options:
- Post to Channel refers to the Twist channel that has the thread where you want to post your GitHub updates.
- And in the following thread will be the thread where the updates will be posted.
- Who do you want to notify? allows you to select whose Inboxes will be notified when GitHub updates are posted to the channel. The options are everyone in the channel, everyone in the thread, or a specific group.
- Click Install Integration.
- The next page will give you the specific directions on how to integrate from the GitHub site, which mainly involves copying a payload URL into GitHub.