Every team member in Twist has a role that defines what they can and can’t do within the app. Read about the different roles and settings below:
A Team Admin manages the entire team, as well as looks after the Twist billing and account information.
- Invite and remove members.
- Change members’ roles.
- Change team settings.
- Update billing information.
- Delete channels.
- Delete groups.
- Delete the team.
- Do anything a Member can, such as creating channels, starting threads, and posting comments.
A Member has full access to use Twist. The majority of your team will have the Member role.
- Invite other members to join the Twist workspace.
- Browse and join all public channels.
- Start threads, post comments, create channels and create groups.
- Send messages to teammates.
- Update their individual settings.
A guest is a limited member of your team.
They have similar access to a Member, but only within the specific channels to which they have been invited by a Member or Team Admin.
This role is ideal for people like external contractors or clients you need to communicate with. Read more about single-channel and multi-channel guests.