If you need to find something and basic search or search shortcuts isn’t getting you there, Twist has powerful search filters that can allow you to search by author, date, content type and more. Here’s how to use search filters.
Searching with filters is only available on the web and the Windows and macOS Twist apps.
How to search with filters
- Open the Search tab.
- Type out the text you’re looking for in the Search text field.
- Click on Filter to the left of the search bar.
- You will see the Narrow down your search window. For each filter that is relevant to your search, click the field and either select from the drop-down menu, or type out your selection.
- Search in lets you select whether to search in threads, messages or both.
- From limits your search to threads or messages from a specific member.
- To limits your search to messages or threads that notify a specific member.
- With subject limits your search to threads with subject titles that include the keywords entered here.
- In Channel limits your search to threads in the channel that you select.
- In Message limits your search to threads or messages in the direct conversation you select.
- Before limits your search to threads or messages before this date.
- After limits your search to threads or messages after this date.
- Click Search in the bottom right.
- The search results will show up on the left. Click on the thread or message that you’re looking for.
- You’ll see the section of the thread or message where the search term appears. Read more by clicking Open in the bottom right.
Updating and removing filters
After searching, if you want to change your filter, click Filters added to the left of the search field to re-open the Search Filters window. You can update the filters as you would like.
If you want to remove your filter, click the x to the right of Filters added beside the search. Now you can search without a filter or re-add a new filter.