To keep Twist running smoothly, we’ve completed a series of under-the-hood tune-ups and bug fixes.
- When opening a thread, the app would occasionally freeze up. Not a problem anymore, we squashed the bug.
- You can add a comment to a thread more easily — just tap the reply button in the toolbar at the bottom of your screen. You can use the time saved to come up with a more thoughtful response… or just relax.
- You can also add a comment to a thread by scrolling down to the bottom of the thread and tapping the comment input box. Once you start writing a comment, the draft will be pinned to the bottom of the screen as you scroll up and down the thread.
- You’ve got a new Edit User Settings view with a clean, user friendly look.
- Editing a thread will now work properly.
- When using autocorrect on a message, there would sometimes be a problem sending your message.
- Fixed thread draft style
- Snooze Notifications will now work properly. Enjoy the temporary freedom from distractions!
- When someone first signs up to Twist, they’ll be able to join channels without any crashes.
- As usual, a few under the hood improvements to keep things moving smoothly.
- You can now change which groups you belong to directly from your profile on the Team tab.
- Reaction emojis are now listed in the order of most selected to least.
- When you choose not to notify anybody on a comment, it will now looks nicer and reads “Notifying nobody”.
- You’ll now feel some haptic feedback when you use any thread action like posting a comment or Starring a thread.
- Enjoy the new loading indicator.
- Tables look a bit nicer in threads and messages.
- A few under the hood improvements to keep things moving smoothly.
- No more crashing when you leave a channel.
Twist 1.4.22 - Smart Invert and Channel Badge Redesign
- When browsing your Inbox, below each thread you’ll notice a calming, lighter color for the channel badge that indicates which channel the thread belongs to.
- If you’re using iOS 11, you can now use Smart Invert which flips your user interface from light colors to dark colors. It’s easier on the eyes at night.
- You might have experienced an issue when trying to login with the 1Password extension, that is now fixed.
Twist 1.4.21 - GDPR and Fixes
- No more bugs when editing a Group.
Twist 1.4.20 - Notifications Settings and Input Release
- You’ll spot some lovely new icons for Threads, Messages, Team and Search in the tab bar.
- Notifications are easier to manage with new notification settings.
- We’ve updated the composer for comments and messages.
- Twist will run a little faster thanks to some under-the-hood improvements on how we sync and store data.
- Editing comments and messages got a few performance improvements.
Twist 1.4.14 - Thread Actions Release
- When viewing a thread, you’ll now see three action buttons at the bottom of the screen: Mark this thread as unread, star this thread and thread options.
- You’ll notice updated icons in the tab bar at the bottom.
- Double tap the Threads tab button to navigate back to your threads view.
- Double tap the Search tab button to immediately focus on the search field so you can start writing right away.
- Double tapping on the Messages, Team and Settings tabs buttons will scroll to the top of those sections.
- You can access Doist’s Blog, Ambition & Balance, from the Settings → Help section.
- If your team is feeling the benefits of Twist, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate us and share your positive experience on the App Store. It’s even simpler now, thanks to a link available from the Settings → Help section. Much appreciated.
- The thread options button has been moved from the top right to the bottom right, so you can enjoy more space to see the thread subject in the top bar.
- After posting a comment, you’ll feel some haptic feedback to let you know the message was successfully sent. Your keyboard will also be closed so you can continue looking through threads on your full screen.
- Moving a thread caused a slight memory leak, but that’s been fixed.
- The sync engine received a few tweaks and fixes.
- Editing a thread subject will not crash Twist anymore.
- You can properly long press on a comment to set your reaction.
- The layout of the emoji picker reactions view has been tweaked.
- The resync button now properly appears in Settings.
- You may have had some trouble when creating a new team — it’s been fixed.
- ⭐️ You can now create a new team as soon as you sign up for Twist. There’s an option right on the welcome screen.
- ⚙️️ The login and welcome screens have been updated to be easier on the eyes.
- ⚙️️ Twist speaks more languages! Twist is now available in Italian, Turkish, Finnish, Norwegian,Russian, Danish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese and Korean
- ⚙️️ There’s no longer a “user is typing” indicator when writing or viewing comments to keep Twist as distraction-free as possible.
- ⚙️️ When you switch away from Twist, your threads, comments and messages will be automatically saved.
- 🐛 An input field wasn’t working properly on iPhone X, but it’s fixed.
- 🐛 We fixed up some scroll issues in comments and messages on iOS 11.1
- 🐛 We did some routine fixes and improvements to keep Twist running smoothly.
Thanks for checking out the Twist for iOS release notes / changelog.