Looks like you’re taking a step towards calmer, more organized teamwork by moving your data from Slack to Twist. Here’s how to get started by importing your Slack channels and/or members.
- Before you import your team members, make sure email addresses are displayed:
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Settings & administration from the menu, then Workspace settings.
- Next to Email Display, click Expand.
- Select Members and guests of your workspace, plus people from organizations you’re connected to.
- Click Save.
- Next, follow the directions to export your workspace data.
- Create a Twist team or sign in to your account.
- Select your team name in the top-left corner of Twist.
- Select Settings & members.
- Select the Import tab.
- Select Start import.
- Choose to import from Slack Archive (zip).
- Select the paperclip icon beneath Upload File.
- Find and select your previously downloaded archive and click Next.
- Select the users you want to import and click Next.
- Select the channels you want to import and click Next.
- Twist will start importing your data. Once the import is complete, Ada bot will notify you via a message in Twist.
What will the imported data look like?
A new Twist channel will be created for each Slack channel you choose to import. The imported channel will have the same name as it did on Slack. It will contain one thread named Imported from Slack. This thread will contain the entire conversation of the original Slack channel.
Are files included when importing the archive?
Yes, a link to the file destination will appear in the Imported from Slack thread. Simply click on the link to view the file.
Will every team member's DMs from Slack show up in Twist?
No, it's not possible to import DMs.
Will the imported channels be visible for users who weren’t part of the original Slack team?
No, by default, all imported channels are set to private. Only the members you've imported will be able to see them. If you want to make a channel available to new team members, simply change the channel to public.
I've used the Corporate Export. What happens to private channels when I import them to Twist?
They will also be private channels in Twist. Only the admin and the imported users who were a part of the channels will have access to them.
Why can't I select all channels or users in one go with the importer?
To allow Twist to be a fresh start for your team, we’ve chosen to not add a Select all option. Only import the content you really need and invite the users that are still a part of your team.