Create a Twist team for your community to network, share information and resources, find partners or employees, and discuss what’s going on in your respective fields. Twist is the perfect communication tool for like-minded professionals who value organized, deep conversations, and added context.
Qualified community groups and professional networks can apply for Twist for Communities in order to access Twist Unlimited completely cost-free.
How to apply
Create an account
Submit your application
Submit your community application by filling out this form. Please ensure that all provided information is correct, otherwise, your approval will be delayed.
Here’s an overview of the information you’ll be asked to provide in the application:
- Whether your organization is registered as a non-profit entity
- Whether your organization collects revenue and/or pays taxes
- Your name
- Your Twist team name
- The email address of an admin that is associated with the Twist team
- The name of your community
- A brief description of the community’s objective or focus
- An estimation of how many members there are in your community
- An estimation of how many members you expect to host in your Twist account
- The tool your community currently uses for communication and collaboration
- (If applicable) The URL of your community’s website
- (If applicable) Any attachments or links to any related websites, social accounts or other public information that would help us evaluate your request
Once you’ve submitted your application, we will review your application and get back to you within 10 business days. If your application has been approved, we will apply the necessary credits to allow you to use Twist Unlimited with your community completely cost-free for a year.
Setting up your community in Twist
Create channels and start threads
Create channels where your community can discuss a variety of topics. For example:
- #Networking for members who are looking to expand their network and collaborate on projects.
- #Recruiting for members who are looking to hire new employees or find people to collaborate with.
- #Announcements to share updates that affect the entire community.
- #Feedback to allow anyone in the community to share feedback on how to strengthen the community.
- #Q&A for members to ask each other questions and share knowledge.
Start conversations by creating threads in each channel to show everyone what kind of content works best.
Invite your community
Welcome your community to Twist
Welcome your community in the #General channel by creating a Welcome thread. Encourage users to use this channel to create introductory threads and welcome other users.
Q: Can I apply for a Twist Community with my nonprofit organization?
A: No, nonprofits are not eligible for the community program, but you may be eligible for a 50% discount to Twist Unlimited. Learn more.
Q: Is there a way to prevent certain members from creating or joining channels?
A: Yes, simply turn them into a guest by changing their role. Guests can’t join or create channels. However, members and admins will still be able to invite them to channels.
Q: Is there a way to prevent certain members from inviting people to the community?
A: Yes, change their role to guest and they won’t be able to invite other users. Please note, that this will also prevent them from joining new channels, unless they’re invited by another member or admin.