Skype is a video call app that lets you set up video meetings for free. With this integration, you can set up a Skype meeting directly within a thread or message in Twist.
Setting up the integration
- Open Twist.
- Click your team icon in the top-left corner.
- Click Settings & members.
- Click Integrations.
- Open the Browse tab.
- Search for and select Skype.
- (Optional) By default, your integration will only be installed for you. If you are an admin, you have the option to install the integration for your whole team. You can do this by clicking Change and then selecting your team.
- Click Add.
Using the integration
How to start a Skype meeting in Twist
- Open the thread or message you want to start the Skype meeting in.
- Write and send /skype in the thread or message. This will create a link to a Skype meeting.
- (Optional) If you want the meeting to have a specific name - such as “Marketing” - you can name the meeting by writing /skype Marketing.
How to join a Skype meeting in Twist
- Once you’ve been invited to a Skype meeting, click Join Skype Meeting.
- This will open a new browser window.
- If you have Skype installed on your computer, you’ll be asked to open your Skype app. To join the meeting via your Skype app, click Open Skype.
- If you do not have Skype installed (or if you don’t want to join the meeting via your Skype app), click Join as guest. This will enable you to join the meeting via your browser. You’ll then be asked to enter your name. Once you’ve done this, click Join.
How can I remove the integration?
If you no longer want to use Skype with Twist, please follow the instructions in this article to remove the integration.
Why am I unable to install this integration?
If you're having problems installing this integration, it may be because your admin has disabled this option in your team's security settings.