Jitsi Meet is a free conferencing app that lets you set up video meetings through a browser. With this integration, you can set up a Jitsi Meet meeting directly within a thread or message in Twist.
Setting up the integration
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Twist account in a browser.
- Click your profile photo in the top-right corner and select Add integrations...
- Select which Twist team you’d like to install the integration into using the dropdown menu in the top-right corner.
- Select Jitsi Meet from the list of integrations.
- (Optional) By default, your integration will only be installed for you. If you are an admin, you have the option to install the integration for your whole team. You can do this by clicking Change and then selecting your team.
- Click Install Integration.
Using the integration
How to start a Jitsi Meet meeting in Twist
- Open the thread or message you want to start the Jitsi Meet meeting in.
- Write and send /jitsi in the thread or message. This will create a link to a Jitsi Meet meeting.
- (Optional) If you want the meeting to have a specific name - such as “Marketing” - you can name the meeting by writing /jitsi Marketing.
How to join a Jitsi Meet meeting in Twist
- Once you’ve been invited to a Jitsi Meet meeting, click Join Meeting.
- This will open a new browser window, where you will be asked to allow Jitsi Meet to use your device’s camera and microphone. Click Allow.
How can I remove the integration?
If you no longer want to use Jitsi Meet with Twist, please follow the instructions in this article to remove the integration.