Here are the first steps you can take to make Twist feel like yours:
1. Create or join a channel
Channels keep your discussions organized, browsable, and findable. But there’s no one-size-fits-all approach.
Try organizing channels by:
- Department, to separate discussions out by team — like design, frontend, or mobile
- Project, for tackling cross-department work
- Client, if you’re part of an agency that works with outside teams
2. Compose your first thread
The magic of Twist happens in threads. Since every topic gets its own, you can keep conversations focused and organized.
Start a thread to:
- Brainstorm ideas for an upcoming project
- Make a team-wide announcement
- Move a weekly stand-up meeting to Twist
3. Triage your inbox
Your inbox gathers all new thread activity you’ve been tagged in, so you can quickly catch up on what’s relevant to you. Open a thread to read, respond, and then mark it done until you hit Inbox Zero!
4. Connect your tools
While Twist on its own is powerful, connected with your other apps it saves time and preserves focus. Hit O then S, then select Integrations to browse them all.
- Turn comments into tasks with Todoist.
- Schedule the (occasional) meeting with Zoom.
- Create issues right from threads with GitHub.
- Or build your own custom automations with Zapier.