Enrolled students, educational professionals, and organizations are eligible for a 50% discount on Twist Unlimited to help collaborate together as they work towards one of life’s most important goals.
How to apply for the discount
If you’re an enrolled student, educational professional, or educational organization and are interested in applying for the 50% discount, here’s how to submit your application:
- Before applying for the discount, you or your organization needs to have a Twist account.
- If you don’t have a Twist account, sign up for a Free plan.
- If you already have a Twist Free or Twist Unlimited account, you’re ready to apply.
- Fill out the application form at twist.com/education. You’ll be asked to include the following:
- Your name.
- Your email address (.edu or local equivalent preferred).
- Your Twist team name.
- Your Twist account email (make sure it’s the administrator’s email associated with your team’s Twist account, not necessarily your own email address).
- Your organization/school/institution’s name.
- Your organization/school/institution’s website.
- Your organization/school/institution’s location (state/province, country).
- A brief description of the institution or project you will be using Twist for.
- Official documentation to prove eligibility. Examples include up to date versions of any of the following or their local equivalent: student or faculty ID, screenshot of student or faculty profile page, most recent report card or transcript, enrollment certificate/verification or relevant employment letter.
How the discount works
We will review your application and get back to you within 10 business days.
Once you’re approved, your discount will become active in one of 2 ways:
- If you currently have a Twist Free account, you can now upgrade to Twist Unlimited and you will receive a 50% discount on your first and subsequent billing cycles.
- If you’re an existing Twist Unlimited customer, any fees you incur after the date of your application’s approval will be charged at 50% of the full cost.
If your approval is denied, we will email you directly to let you know. You can then cancel your Twist Unlimited if necessary.
Can the discount apply to fees that I’ve already paid? Will it be prorated?
No, we cannot provide refunds to your organization for fees you’ve already paid. The discount will not be prorated in any way, either. However, we will certainly apply the full discount to all future payments.
I’ve sent my application but haven’t heard back yet. How long does it take?
We will try to respond to inquiries within 10 business days. If it’s been over 10 days, please contact our support team.
What if I can’t provide the requested information to prove our educational status? Can I still get the discount?
If you cannot prove your personal or organizational educational status using the documentation above, we will not be able to approve the discount. We will not be able to make any exceptions.
What is my Twist “Team Name” and where can I find it?
Your Twist Team Name is the team name you used when you signed up for your Twist account.
If you have forgotten your Twist team name, log in to Twist on the web, and it will be named in the top right corner of the screen, to the left of your avatar.
How long is the discount period, and what happens when my discount period is up?
Your discount is good for 1 year from the date of approval. We’ll send you a reminder about your discount status 14 days prior to expiration. If you want to re-apply, make sure to submit your application at least 10 days prior to expiration by visiting twistapp.com/education and following the same steps as you did before.
What happens if I’m no longer a student?
If you’re no longer a student or education professional, you can continue using Twist Unlimited’s advanced features at the standard rate. Just let your subscription renew and you’ll automatically be charged the full price for the coming year.
You can also downgrade to a free account at any time.